Buying or selling a home?
More than likely you will be asked to obtain a CL-100 report(CL100) or a South Carolina Wood Infestation Report(WIR). This report is commonly referred to as a termite letter.
What is a CL-100 or Wood Infestation Report?
The CL-100 is the official South Carolina Wood Infestation Report form and should include information based on a visual inspection for all wood-destroying insects, fungi and/or moisture issues. The CL-100 inspection report should be completed by a qualified, licensed South Carolina inspector. Once issued the inspection report is good for 30 days from the day of inspection.
What information is included in the Wood Infestation Report?
The CL-100 inspection report should include detailed information, such as:
- If there is visible evidence of:
- If there is visible evidence of prior subterranean termite treatment.
- If there is evidence below the first main floor of the presence of
- Active wood-destroying fungi (wood moisture content ≥ 28%)
- Non-active wood-destroying fungi (wood moisture content < 28%).
- If there is evidence of the presence of excessive moisture conditions below the first main floor (20% or above wood moisture content, standing water, etc.)
It is important to have an independent inspection completed on the home prior to your purchase. The inspection and report will identify any active or previous wood destroying insects or fungi problems.
The report should also make recommendations for other items such as treatments, moisture corrections and/or repairs. Areas inspected should include the crawlspace, attic, exterior and the interior. Once the inspection is complete, the inspection report should be provided to you.
Are You a Real Estate Agent?
Barrier Pest Services provides CL100 services for Charleston and the surrounding areas. All inspections are performed by a qualified, licensed South Carolina inspector.
We also have a licensed Residential Home Builder on staff who can provide a better understanding of the inspection results including any damages and/or recommendations.
We provide many inspections daily and are available to help you with your next real estate transaction.